Skip to main content

Milton Lapine Papers

 Collection — Container: Small Processed Collections: La-Le, Box 9, Folder: 9
Identifier: LP001124
The papers of Mr. Lapine consist of clippings, memorabilia, and speeches relating to the activities of The Newspaper Guild and his participation from 1934 to 1983.

Contents: Clippings, 1934-1950 Memorabalia, 1944-1945, 1966 Speeches, 1983

Dates

  • 1934 - 1983

Creator

Language of Materials

Material entirely in English.

Access

Collection is open for research.

Use

Refer to the Walter P. Reuther Library Rules for Use of Archival Materials.

Extent

.25 Linear Feet (1 folder)

Abstract

Milton "Mike" Lapine, a newspaper reporter, was active in forming the Cleveland Plain Dealer unit of the American Newspaper Guild and later served as a member of its International Executive Board. His papers relate to his activities with the Guild, later to be known as The Newspaper Guild.

History

Milton J. Lapine, a newspaper reporter, was active in forming the Cleveland Plain Dealer unit of the American Newspaper Guild and later served as a member of its International Executive Board (The union was known as the American Newspaper Guild from 1933 to 1970, after which it became The Newpaper Guild.) In 1942 Mr. Lapine shared the Guild's Heywood Broun Award for outstanding journalistic achievement. Mr. Lapine retired in 1958, but returned to address the fiftieth anniversary convention of The Newspaper Guild in 1983.

Arrangement

Material is arranged in 1 folder.

Acquisition

The papers of Milton Lapine were placed in the Archives of Labor and Urban affairs in June of 1983 by Mr. Lapine and were opened for research in March of 1985.

Processing History

Processed and finding aid written by Walter P. Reuther Library in March, 1985.
Title
Guide to the Milton Lapine Papers
Status
completed
Author
Processed by Walter P. Reuther Library.
Date
1985-03
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English

Repository Details

Part of the Walter P. Reuther Library Repository

Contact:
5401 Cass Avenue
Detroit MI 48202 USA