Michigan Politics and Labor Oral Histories
Scope and Content
Some interviews span multiple tapes and some tapes contain multiple interviews. Tom Downs was interviewed twice, including an interview by Reuther Library staff that was added to the collection.
- 1984-04-13 - 1996-07-25
- Downs, Tom (Interviewer, Person)
Language of Materials
Rules for Use of Archival Materials.
RESTRICTIONS: Due to the personal nature of oral history, the Library prohibits use of the material in any way that infringes on individual right to privacy, or results in libelous statements or slander, in accordance with U.S. law.
For the following interviews, permission for large-scale reproduction of the videotaped interview must be obtained from LTS Productions: Irving Bluestone, Douglas Fraser, and Mildred Jeffrey.
For the following interview, permission to quote extensively or publish must be obtained from the interviewee heirs or assigns: Irving Bluestone.
2.5 Linear Feet ((1 MB, 2 OS). ) : Consists of 8 printed transcripts, 10 VHS tapes, and 19 audiocassettes.
.13 Gigabytes ((6 files). ) : Consists of PDFs.
- Guide to the Michigan Politics and Labor Oral Histories
- Processed by Walter P. Reuther Library, Margaret Raucher, and Rebecca Bizonet. Finding aid written by Rebecca Bizonet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Description made possible by funding from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.