UAW Local 492 Records
The papers of UAW Local 492 consist primarily of copies of labor contracts with International Harvester, occupational classifications and wage rate schedules. Also included is a copy of the constitution and by-laws of UAW Local 1115, also representing workers at International Harvester in Portland.
- 1948 - 1961
- Majority of material found within 1952 - 1958
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 492 (Portland, Or.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material entirely in English.
Collection is open for research.
Refer to the Walter P. Reuther Library
Rules for Use of Archival Materials.
.5 Linear Feet (1 MB)
Subjects include: International Harvester (Portland, Oregon); agricultural implement industry workers
Folders are arranged alphabetically.
The records of UAW Local 492, International Harvester Company, Portland, Oregon, were placed the Archives of Labor and Urban Affairs by Ralph Rigdon, Unit Chairman of the local, in November of 1976.
Processed and finding aid written by Walter P. Reuther Library in July 1985.
- Guide to the UAW Local 492 Records
- Processed by Walter P. Reuther Library.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description