Folklore Archive: Student Field Projects Oral Histories
- 1961 - 1989
- Majority of material found within 1968 - 1971
- Wayne State University. Folklore Archives (Organization)
Language of Materials
Permission to publish or quote must be obtained from the interviewee or interviewee heirs or assigns.
5 Linear Feet ((141 tapes). ) : Includes 17 5-inch open reel tapes and 124 7-inch open reel tapes.
1.61 Gigabytes ((8 files). ) : Consists of 4 MP3s and 4 WAVs.
Tapes are listed by the interviewer/collector name.
Other Access Aids
- African Americans
- Appalachians (People)
- Coal miners
- Detroit (Mich.)
- Detroit (Mich.)--Riot, 1943
- Detroit (Mich.)--Riot, 1967
- Ethnic groups -- United States
- Folk music
- Folk songs
- Jews. American
- Labor union locals
- Manners and customs
- Mental health
- Oral histories
- Polish Americans
- Prohibition--United States.
- Religious life
- Rural-urban migration -- United States
- Social justice
- Sound recordings
- Strikes and lockouts
- Traditional medicine
- Wayne County (Mich.)
- Women -- Folklore
- Guide to the Folklore Archive: Student Field Projects Oral Histories
- Processed by Margaret Raucher, Lauren Kata, and Rebecca Bizonet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Description made possible by funding from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
- 2016-10-05: Additional description by Rebecca Bizonet.
- 2018-01-18: Inventory and additional description added by Gwyn Richard.