American Federation of Teachers Oral Histories
Scope and Content
Part 2 consists of interviews with the following 13 participants: Mary Bergan, Ellen Bernstein, John Cole, Paul F. Cole, John Elliot (video interview), Sandra Feldman (interviewed for both project parts), Day Higuchi, Tom Hobart, Jim McGarvey, Tom Mooney, Marjorie Stern, Louise Sundin, and Norm Swennson.
- 1985-06-29 - 2009-10-26
- American Federation of Teachers (Organization)
Language of Materials
Rules for Use of Archival Materials.
RESTRICTIONS: Due to the personal nature of oral history, the Library prohibits use of the material in any way that infringes on individual right to privacy, or results in libelous statements or slander, in accordance with U.S. law.
Permission to publish or quote must be obtained from the interviewee or interviewee heirs or assigns for the following interviews: Carl Megel.
1.5 Linear Feet ((3 MB), 4 items. ) : Consists of 23 printed transcripts, 2 audiocassettes, and 2 Hi8 videotapes.
2.36 Gigabytes ((117 files). ) : Consists of WAVs, MP3s, MS Word documents, and PDFs.
The John Elliott video recording in Part 2 is also available as a digital audio file.
- Guide to the American Federation of Teachers Oral Histories
- Processed by Dan Golodner and Rebecca Bizonet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Description made possible by funding from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.