International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) was first formed in St. Louis in 1891. It grew rapidly in the ensuing years, with Detroit Local 58 forming in 1914, amidst the rapid growth of automotive factories in the region. This collection consists primarily of materials generated by Local 58, along with other local unions with which it has amalgamated. Materials include photographs, meeting minutes, dues books, financial records, and other administrative documents. Also included...
Abstract A member of the Detroit and Wayne County Federation of Labor, and later the American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations, Joseph Basso founded the City and County Public Service Employees Association, which later became the Public Employees Union. Active in community affairs and Democratic politics, Mr. Basso conducted campaigns for Frank Murphy and George Murphy, and also worked in civil defense during World Ward II. His papers reflect his involvement in the careers of...
Abstract In the 1970s, the Program on Women and Work, a unit of the Institute of Labor and Industrial Relations (ILIR), a jointly administered body of the University of Michigan and Wayne State University, coordinated an oral history project to document the lives and work of women active in the labor movement from 1900 through 1970. Joyce L. Kornbluh of ILIR served as project director. Many interviewers conducted interviews with participants across the United State. This project, "The Twentieth...