Detroit Junior College
- Existence: 1917
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Central High School was originally located at the intersection of Warren Avenue and Cass Avenue in Detroit. It was the successor to Capitol High School, the first high school in Detroit, founded in 1858; Capitol changed its name to Central in 1896. CHS began to offer college courses in 1913, and this program evolved into the Detroit Junior College, which became the City College of Detroit, then Wayne University and eventually Wayne State University. In 1925, CHS relocated to 2425 Tuxedo Street...
Dates: 1860 - 2004; Majority of material found within 1891 - 2004
Abstract This collection contains yearbooks of Wayne State University, its predecessor institutions, and certain schools and colleges within the university. Included are yearbooks for the Detroit College of Medicine (1900, 1914, 1929); Detroit Junior College (1923); Detroit Teachers College (1923, 1924, 1932); the College of the City of Detroit (1923-1932); Wayne University (1934-1955); Wayne State University (1956-1957, 1974-2005); the Department of Mortuary Science (1949-1982); the College of Medicine...
Dates: 1900 - 2005