Skip to main content

International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America

 Organization

Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:

M.A. Williams Papers

 Collection
Identifier: LP000435
Abstract 'Bill' Williams was a prominent figure in CIO Local 76 (later UAW Local 560), Ford Motor Co. assembly plant in Richmond, CA., helping to organize workers and serve as an officer. His papers reflect events at the plant surrounding the jurisdictional rivalry between the AFL and the CIO and eventual designation as a UAW shop.
Dates: 1936 - 1967; Majority of material found within 1937 - 1958

UAW Local 664 Records

 Collection
Identifier: LR000235
Abstract Established in 1939 when the International Executive Board revoked the charter of pro-Martin Local 118, United Auto Workers Local 664 serviced members at Fisher Body, Chevrolet, and Prophet Company in North Tarrytown, NY. The records reflect the Martin controversy, strikes, conferences, and other activities of the local.
Dates: 1939 - 1961

UAW Local 833 Records

 Collection
Identifier: LR000377
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 833 has had divisive history between workers at the Kohler Co. in Kohler, WI and their employers. First organized in 1933 by the American Federation of Labor, workers were soon embroiled in a jurisdictional dispute with a company-formed union, the Kohler Workers' Association (KWA). Following a strike, the KWA won the bid from the NLRB to represent workers, but leadership soon became dissatisfied and voted in 1952 to join the UAW.
Dates: 1897 - 1965; Majority of material found within 1933 - 1960

UAW Local 932 Records

 Collection
Identifier: LR000415
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 932 was chartered in 1961, providing service to the Minneapolis-Moline Division of Motec Industries, Inc. in Minneapolis, MN. The local was embroiled in an intense rivalry many years prior to its chartering, between the United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America and the UAW over who had the rights to service the local.
Dates: 1937 - 1964; Majority of material found within 1940 - 1961