International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract UAW Local 417 was chartered in 1945. The original charter was issued to Great Lakes Greyhound Garage in Birmingham, Michigan. An amalgamated local, its membership comes primarily from auto parts companies in Detroit's northern suburbs: Clawson, Royal Oak, Birmingham, Troy, Ferndale and Sterling Heights. Dean Spooner became President of the Local in 1963, and remained in office for the remainder of the period covered by this collection. Subjects include: auto parts plants in Detroit's...
Dates: 1954 - 1983
Abstract Howard Young began working for the UAW in 1960, as an Actuarial Consultant and later became the Director of the Social Security Department. Later in his UAW career, his main function was as Special Consultant to the President, but he also worked as a member of the Pension Research Council, Director of Social Security, Director of the Research, and Director of Information Systems. He worked for the UAW from 1960-1971 and again from 1974-1987. During that time he worked under four UAW presidents:...
Dates: 1951 - 1987; Majority of material found within 1961 - 1987