International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract The UAW Chrysler Department was formed in the year following the tumultuous sit-down strikes of 1937. Responsible of the department included planning, developing, negotiating, and administering collective bargaining agreements for Chrysler workers in the United States and Canada. The records of the department reflect its administration and activities and largely include the files of Arthur Hughes, an administrative assistant and assistant director in the department from 1940-1978.
Dates: 1938 - 1985
Abstract UAW Local 417 was chartered in 1945. The original charter was issued to Great Lakes Greyhound Garage in Birmingham, Michigan. An amalgamated local, its membership comes primarily from auto parts companies in Detroit's northern suburbs: Clawson, Royal Oak, Birmingham, Troy, Ferndale and Sterling Heights. Dean Spooner became President of the Local in 1963, and remained in office for the remainder of the period covered by this collection. Subjects include: auto parts plants in Detroit's...
Dates: 1954 - 1983