International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Abstract UAW Local 417 was chartered in 1945. The original charter was issued to Great Lakes Greyhound Garage in Birmingham, Michigan. An amalgamated local, its membership comes primarily from auto parts companies in Detroit's northern suburbs: Clawson, Royal Oak, Birmingham, Troy, Ferndale and Sterling Heights. Dean Spooner became President of the Local in 1963, and remained in office for the remainder of the period covered by this collection. Subjects include: auto parts plants in Detroit's...
Dates: 1954 - 1983