Wayne State University
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract The Wayne State University Department of Marketing and Communications (formerly known as the Wayne State University Office of Public Relations) functions as the primary liaison between the university and the news media and is concerned with maintaining the school’s positive image. This collection consists of materials produced between 1961-2000 and includes press releases; clippings and reports on press coverage relating to WSU; biographic files on the University's presidents and other...
Abstract "The Collegian," the student-run newspaper of Detroit Junior College at Central High, published its first edition on March 6, 1918. At first a semi-monthly paper that printed mostly literary works, by 1922 the paper had become a weekly publication and its focus shifted to news. The paper changed its name in 1924 to "The Detroit Collegian," which reflected the school’s name change to the College of the City of Detroit. The paper underwent three further name changes: in 1953, the name changed to...